BitMex research with help from TokenAnalyst, looked at the Eth holdings for ICO projects. They conclude that projects appear to have already sold almost as much Ethereum as they raised (in US$ terms).
Data points :
- Amount of Ethereum raised
- USD value gained/lost via Ethereum price fluctuation :
- Projects appear to have sold almost as much Ethereum as they raised (in USD terms)
- Event at the current $230 price, projects are still sitting on unrealized gains not loses.
- ICO treasury accounts have a much lower level of exposure to the price of Ethereum than many may have thought.
- ICOs have been a phenomenally successful tool for raising funds.
Source : Bitmex Research